Sportsbiz wizard Neil Horowitz attended an annual sports conference in Newport Beach and picked up ”countless nuggets of wisdom” and insights.
In his latest blog post, Neil shares 16 key takeaways.
- Fans are looking for tickets on mobile, but more of the money is still on desktop
- Personalization is prime
- UVA is getting the most they can out of social media
- New fans are tougher to come by than retaining old fans
- Groups getting easier
- Michigan is mixing marketing with excitement
- Mike Veeck says fear of failure can’t hinder innovation and creativity
- Experience their experience
- The difference between creating demand and meeting demand
- Keys to hiring right, from Disney
- If you’re resolving pain points, make sure the people who need to know, know
- Data is useless without strategy and organization
- Stanford is making it easier on mobile
- Authenticity has a look… and it’s not highly produced
- Fan Development and Feverish Fan Development
- A little mobile can go a long way
Read the full post to get the content behind the headlines and make sure you bookmark the entire blog.
- Recommended link: 16 Sportsbiz Things from the #PacNet17 Conference
Personally, I found the topics ”Groups getting easier” and ”Personalization is prime” extra interesting. And ”Experience their experience” is my top-pick.